Electrical hook-up is easy and economical! The 50-series transmitters operate on a two-wire twisted pair, 24 volt DC circuit. Because of the microprocessor we recommend a ground too. Both the power and its 4-20 mA output signal are carried on the same two wires. A side-mounted quick connect fitting makes it very simple to connect the wiring. Sensor connections are similarly quick-connected on the bottom.
Operation is simple. Without opening the case, users can view the sensor reading, the temperature in the sensor, and the last calibration record. Calibrations can be done without opening the enclosure using only the front panel keypad. Sensor health can be examined by viewing its memory records of sensor “cell constant” when calibrated and/or a list of “Analyzer Expert” error codes. Ultimately, the user enjoys the sense of being in control, which is a real advantage.
The model 414 sensor is the suggested sensor for use with the 450. Order sensors with option -77 quick-connect fitting.
Easy Program Does What You Expect
- LCD displays conductivity, temperature, mA output and calibration status
- Includes your conductivity sensor
- Adjust to wide range of standards for calibration
- Has sensor diagnostics
- Tolerates faults and issues a caution
- During calibration the output can be held
- Set the 4-20 mA output span or zero from the keypad
- All user adjustments made by keypad prompts
- Short key sequences
- Quick return to sample
- Program easily goes back to what you were doing
- Easy to learn, no menu or manual needed
- Reliable, separately powered and input-output isolated circuit prevents computer interface problems
- Recalculates conductivity sensor “Cell Constant”
- Durable IP65 (Nema 4X) housing withstands hosing down. Survives acid and caustic fumes, humidity, etc.
- Conductivity standards available, traceable to NIST.
- Field convert between sensor constants using the keypad.
Note: The Model 450 is 24 VDC two-wire loop-powered and requires a source of 24 VDC power somewhere in the loop.